There are three main ways to get a spreadsheet into WordPress.
- Paste in text copied from a spreadsheet program like Excel or Google Docs.
- Upload a .PDF file (which can be viewed when clicking on the link to the file).
- Saving a screenshot as .GIF (recommended), .PNG, or .JPG.
1. Paste into
- File->Download->HTML to view it without Google’s interface.
- I selected the part I wanted to pasted in, then copied.
- I pasted into WordPress.
- Then removed data from cells I did not want to show.
- Then I used Worpress to align each money cell to the right (money is always displayed right-aligned).
2. PDF Documents
This file displays an uploaded .PDF file. The spreadsheet was created in Google Docs and saved using File->Download->PDF…
Remember that .PDF files are not images, they are multi-page documents.
3. Image files
The image file below was first created in Google Docs then saved as a screenshot file:
- From Google Docs, I used the Grab tool on Mac with Command-Shift-4.
- The part I selected was automatically saved as a .PNG file, which works fine but it is usually too big for the web. This file is about 20k.
- So I opened it in Photoshop and “saved for the web” as a .GIF file so it is just 5k.